Monday, May 29, 2006

Decoding...

"What is "Sakrileg?""

Sakrileg's this book everyone in the German speaking world is reading. You should read it. Go on, it's a real page turner.

"But I don't normally read trashy blockbusters. I like the books I read to say interesting things about me."

Like what?

"Well, mostly that I don't read trashy blockbusters."

Snob.

"Well, alright, but I at least like to be challenged by the books I read. This one looks like it could be read by a small child"

And what's your German reading age?

"Ah. Fair point. OK, you've got me interested. What's it about?"

I can't tell you. I have to show you...

"That's the Matrix"

It's about the catholic church, albino monks, and bad haircuts. Oh, and anagrams.

"Anagrams in German?"

I think you'll be OK. Try this one: HAT MONKS

"Um, TOM HANKS?"

See, no problem. Same as it is in English. And the actual German'll be dead easy too. Try the title of the book for size.

" "Sakrileg" At a guess, I'd say "Sacrilege"?"

No. Actually, that translates as "The Da Vinci Code". You'll get the hang of it...

4 Comments:

Blogger Abaculus said...

I hate jelly.

I was prepared to eat jelly, because everyone else was eating jelly and some of them quite liked it.

I ate the jelly, and I did not like it.

They made a film about jelly, but I have learnt my lesson - I will not see it.

So if I detest jelly so much, even when eaten with a proper spoon, why should I eat it with a cheese grater?

5:22 AM  
Blogger Abaculus said...

Wow, my blog anagrams brilliantly and rings with truth.

5:23 AM  
Blogger Omission said...

1) If I understand correctly, you ate the jelly and liked it in spite of yourself. And I'm not asking you to eat the jelly again, but to read about me eating it with a cheese grater.

2) I need to learn how to eat with a cheese grater, and it's easier to eat jelly with a cheese grater than some of those really nice cheeses (brie, camembert, etc.). The cheese I'm eating in my cheese grating class is especially bland (go with me on this, it was your metaphor).

3)It's much funnier to watch someone eat jelly with a cheese grater than with a spoon. And maybe, just maybe, you might learn something about the world on the way.

4)Actually, no. You'll learn nothing.

6:16 AM  
Blogger Abaculus said...

Forgive me! I meant to cast no aspersions upon your opus - I was merely pointing out that I wouldn't have the stamina for it myself, though I look forward to viewing the results - much like the way I look forward to watching Takeshi's Castle.

And the great thing is that it's not outside the realms of possibility that Takeshi's Castle would have a jelly-eating round, so I'm not even breaking metaphor. Glorious.

6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home